Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year's Resolutions for 2009 we'd like to see...

I busted a gut laughing out loud when I read these resolutions in the USA Today Dec 31 2008!

I resolve to ...


...live within my means, wean myself off credit, and read the fine print of my mortgage papers
- The American Consumer (and his government)

...take a vow of poverty
- The New York Yankees

...park the private jets
- Big Three Auto Makers

...keep one eye on the world, the other on Bill-particularly at 3 am
- Secretary of State Nominee Hillary Clinton

...get a license and pay my taxes
- Samuel "Joe the Plumber" Wurzelbacher

...support the "Palin for 2012" movement
- Actress Tina Fey

...get stronger binoculars so I can keep an eye on them Russians.
- Alaska Governor Sarah Palin

...think with my brain
- John Edwards

...serenade John with Carrie Underwood's Before He Cheats
- Elizabeth Edwards

...teach fish to swim
- Olympian Michael Phelps, winner of eight gold medals

...remember that "shooting from the hip" isn't supposed to be a literal thing
- New York Giants receiver Plaxico Burress

...put a trigger lock on the scissors
- Britney Spears

No comments: