Thursday, February 19, 2009

Birthday Lunch Bunch


Yes, yes, yes, today is the birthday year PAST the age of 50 - dreaded as it may be, I am officially in my early 50's. As I reflected this morning, I can walk, talk, drive and feed myself so life is good. I had a wonderful birthday lunch with my favorite daughter Suzanne and two very good friends Rose and Tammy at Flat Bread in Bown Crossing. At work we enjoyed carrot cake breakfast made by Carol, and lots of e-mail greetings and cards from many friends. Talked with sisters Ann, Debbie and Darlene and will chat with Gloria tonight hopefully. I heard a Pampers commercial this morning where a baby was singing "Happy Birthday" and when I watched the screen, I thought of my own mother and how she must have felt on the day I was born in 1958. Hope it was a happy day for both her and my dad...and I wish she was around so I could ask her just a few questions about my birth. Ask your mom about your birthday if you have the opportunity...someday you will wish you had.

No comments: