Monday, September 14, 2009

Air Force Appreciation Day 2009

A very local and very favorite event in Mountain Home is Air Force Appreciation Day. Every year our town says "thank you" to the those that serve in the U.S. Air Force with a HUGE parade, free BBQ, and lots of fun and games in Carl Miller Park.

I remember my first parade in 1970 ~ rode in the back of an American Legion float with Debbie Rist and jr. high friends. Then spent the high school years marching with the MHHS drill team and cheerleaders. As an adult I spent many AFAD days with civic groups raising money at various fund raising booths and had some great times. Now I love to walk around and say hi friends, eat a chorizo, maybe even splurge on a funnel cake, and then walk 1 block back to my house!

One of the fire trucks with a couple of family men on board.

Carl Miller Park on Air Force Appreciation Day

No comments: