Sunday, September 26, 2010

Allee and the original Nana and Papa

Allee and Suzanne drove over to attend Mitch and Kristina's wedding reception. It was a beautiful day and was hosted by Gin and Bud in their backyard.

What a sweet sight to see Roni and Hank with Suzanne and Allee. Hank and Roni tended to Suzanne since she was 4 weeks old and I went back to work at the school district. They have been a part of our family forever, and thanks to them, helped me raise Suzanne. We love them both dearly.


Mitch, his little sister Kiely, and his bride, Kristina


I cannot believe I didn't take a picture of my 48 hours worth of cooking for the reception. I made Pulled Pork Sundaes - and they were a hit! I cooked 30 lbs of pork shoulder, 2 huge roasters of BBQ beans, tossed together 5 gallons of cole slaw, and baked 8 trays of home made corn bread.

The Pulled Pork entree was like this...

16 oz. hot cup, fill with
1 ladle of beans
1/2 cup pulled pork
1 scoop of slaw
and topped with a round piece of corn bread.

I printed labels for the cups so the guests would know what was inside the cup of deliciousness. They tasted out of this world! Loved it.

Kiely and her aunt assembling the pulled pork sundaes...

No comments: