Sunday, March 6, 2011

Oneida ~ my favorite flatware ~ now, and from the past

Old pattern that belonged to my dad: top
My new pattern Wordsworth: below

Old pattern: right
New pattern Wordsworth: left

I love really good silverware. Pretty silverware. Ornate actually.

When my dad and I moved to Idaho in 1970, he some how bought a very pretty patterned set of Oneida flatware. I actually noticed it and liked using it even as a teenager. I can also tell you my dad cooked with copper bottom Revereware pots and pans. I still have a few pieces of the Oneida that I cherish, and I am still using 3 of the copper bottom Revere pots.

I've been looking at my silverware drawer and not happy with my mis-matched pieces. I caved in and bought myself a new Oneida 65 piece service for 12, Wordsworth pattern, and I am as excited as a puppy on fresh grass!

It's the simple things in life. Everytime I use my Oneida flatware, I think of my dad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My mother had Oneida silverware, copper bottomed RevereWare and so do I! Don't think I knew that about you and Moon.

Deb