Friday, November 14, 2008

Food


Food. It's my sustenance, my joy, my crutch. Food's always been there for me: through death, divorce, and disheartening news yet never far away during new loves, new friendships, and new jobs. My family was not that unusual at the kitchen table. You were home at suppertime to eat together. You finished what was put on your plate. And dining out often signified some kind of family celebration. Food brings people together: an excuse to go with friends in high school for dinner and a movie; the frequent scene of a first date; large family gatherings at a favorite neighborhood restaurant, or backyard barbeque; and as a "grown-up", a way to stay connected with friends from old jobs or departments. Food holds a particularly warm, fuzzy spot in the hearts of women in our bunco group. We love to cook and prepare food for each other. So, take a nibble here and there, and I'll keep posting pictures of great meals I've enjoyed with friends and family. Don't be shy to leave your own thoughts about food!

No comments: