Sunday, November 9, 2008

Nov 8 - Time Flies and Now it's Time to Go Home


One last lunch with Ann and Rose before Fred and I headed to the Airport and our journey ends.

Airport Fiasco - generous Fred was getting out a few dollars to tip the Alamo driver taking us from the rental lot to the airport. He dropped his wallet apparently in the shuttle van and didn't realize it was gone until just inside the airport. Fred jumped in the next shuttle van to return to the lot and then searched all 14 Alamo vans, but no wallet was found or turned it. Credit cards, driver's license, about $350 cash. (I am in tears thinking he is not going to be able to get on the airplane). We think the driver made a sweep and picked it off. I had all the cards canceled by the time we made it to the gate. Thank you to Delta Airlines for allowing Fred to board with me, and using his Medicare card. What a sad sad ending to a nice vacation.

I knew the sunny vacation was officially over when our plane was approaching Boise and I saw blowing sleeting snow from the window. Ugh. Winter is here.

No comments: